Howard Stern Show News Archives.
For The Week Of 8/23/99 to 8/27/99
-- Monday August 23, 1999 --
- The Best Of Stern. 8/23/99.
Unfortunately Howard is taking another unannounced one week(?) vacation again. We were stuck with ''The Best Of Stern'' again and here's what we heard today:
- Jewel ''I Sell Sex'' song parody
- ''King Of Comedy'' movie clip
- Crackhead Bob History moment
- Sting performs ''Every Little Thing''
- Celebrity Doll commercial parody
- Pat Cooper, angry man commercial parody
- A sexy caller from Los Angeles turns out to be a man
- Geraldo Rivera plays ''Guess Who's The Jew''
- Howard and Robin discuss sports
- Howard goofs on deaf comedian Kathy Buckley after she bad mouths him on her comedy album
- An angry redneck calls in to complain about Howard goofing on someone with a disability
- Howard interviews Gennifer Flowers / Jessica Hahn calls in to complain about her being on the show
- Howard interviewed by a Dutch newspaper journalist
- Captain Janks' plays his phony phone call during earthquake coverage
- Stuttering John interviews Gregory Hines, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Laurence Fishburne, Kathleen Turner, Marlo Thomas, Maria Conchita Alonzo, Red Buttons, Alec Baldwin, Carol Burnett and Matthew Broderick
-- Tuesday August 24, 1999 --
- The Best Of Stern. 8/24/99.
Day 2.. The Best of Stern.. No signs of live show.. feeling weaker every minute.. need new shows.. Howard must return quickly.. forced to listen to..
- ''Homeless Brady Bunch'' TV show parody
- Gary sings ''Goodbye Yellow Brick Teeth''
- George Carlin comedy bit
- Howard interviews Mr. Blackwell
- Dr. Joyce Brothers calls Howard to welcome him to show business
- Fred walks off the show
- Fred returns to the show the next day
- Robin's soap opera boyfriend calls in to complain about Robin not returning his calls
- Gilbert Gottfried comes in after his appendix operation
- Howard gives his speech about how adopted kids never feel truly loved and a female caller complains
- Elephant Boy comes in stinking of body odor so Howard has him trim his underarm hair
-- Wednesday August 25, 1999 --
- The Best Of Stern. 8/25/99.
Best Of Stern day 3.. Still no signs of life.. must go on.. Heard various bits including:
- Korean Howard Stern impersonator
- Daniel Carver KKK message
- Jerky Boys phony phone call
- Wood Yi sings ''Funk Soul Brother''
- Kathy Buckley comes in after bad mouthing Howard on her HBO special
- Howard reads some listener mail
- Stuttering John interviews Freddie Roman, Burt Young, Laynie Kazan, Ed Begley Jr., Paul Sorvino and Peter Maxx
- Howard and Robin discuss cheating and stealing
- Howard gets pissed when his San Diego affiliate inserts their own show intros
- Howard plays some Ponce De LaPhone phony phone calls
- Howard speaks to the Program Director of the San Diego affiliate
- Howard interviews Phil Hartman via satellite
- Howard interviews Yasmine Bleeth
-- Thursday August 26, 1999 --
- The Best Of Stern. 8/26/99.
Best of Stern day 4.. Still no signs of a live show.. unable to laugh out loud.. losing hope.. Still forced to hear old material including:
- Crackhead Bob sings ''Jumpin' Jack Flash''
- ''Fellatio'' commercial parody
- ''The Psycho Friends Network'' commercial parody
- Dog fence phony phone call
- Gary fights with Scott about his work
- An 18 year old girl comes in to interview for an internship
- Howard freaks out over affiliate intros again
- Howard creates his ''CIA-Holes'' to monitor his affiliates
- Howard talks to a girl he had a crush on when he was younger
- Jessica Hahn calls in to comlain about Joan Rivers and Cindy Adams
- Joan Rivers calls in but hangs up when Jessica Hahn gets back on the phone
- Howard discusses Fred's secret bag of stuff
- Howard acts out a play with Fred
-- Friday August 27, 1999 --
- The Best Of Stern. 8/27/99.
Best of Stern day 5.. giving up hope.. must shut off radio.. Subjected to old material including:
- Wood Yi sings ''Livin La Vida Loca''
- ''All in the Pat Cooper Family'' parody
- Stuttering John tries to interview Robert Shapiro
- Howard and Robin discuss the Diane Sawyer interview with Michael Jackson
- Intern Steve Grillo gets yelled at for his attitude at work
- Howard speaks to the parents of a 14 year old listener
- A 60 year old woman complains about the parents of the 14 year old
- Howard and his wife argue about working out
- Howard goes off on Sally Jesse Raphael after Robin appears on her show
Any questions or comments are welcomed and appreciated. E-mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: MarksFriggin.com is run by a fan of the Howard Stern Show. This site is NOT endorsed by Howard Stern, Sagittarius Broadcast Corp., One Twelve Inc., Infinity Broadcasting, CBS Broadcasting, E! Entertainment or any of their affiliates.
Copyright © 1996-2014 Mark Mercer